Thursday 15 December 2011

Imperial

Brand: Imperial

Country of origin: Costa Rica

Alcohol: 4.6% vol/ 350ml

Type: Lager?

Had before: yes


So this is my first "while away" review. I'm currently sitting on my hotel room balcony enjoying the most popular beer in Costa Rica, Imperial. They don't export this beer out of the country, to Canada at least, so you will have to travel here to enjoy it. Something I strongly recommend! It is a beautiful county and it is a beautiful Cerveza (Spanish for beer). It reminds me of the taste of Moosehead from back home, it's refreshing and flavorful. Mild  aftertaste, but unlike some other beers, the aftertaste does not taste much different from the initial drink.

This beer is brewed strictly from malt, grains and hopps, probably my favorite combination of ingredients for a refreshing beer.


In Costa Rica, they call it the beer of adventure, and I have to agree. After our white water rafting trip,  they had ice cold Imperials waiting for us and there could not have been a more refreshing moment. The trend continued as well. After a long rainforest hike, another delicious one was waiting for me.


Even if adventure isn't your thing, there is beauty in this beer. Sitting on a balcony watching a family of Howler Monkeys, as I am doing right now, is a perfect time to enjoy ths beer.


Delicious and refreshing, it's worth the trip to Costa Rica to try Imperial. As they say here, "Puta Vida!"


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.2

No comments:

Post a Comment